Okay, my timing was bad. I’ll admit it. But I can take comfort in knowing I’m not the only one. In fact, some bad timing toughies have actually ecliped me. Consider the ones who:
10. Hid explosives in his underwear and boarded a plane just when regular folks had had it with his kind.
9. Got a health care plan cobbled together just before losing that 60th vote majority.
8. Froze himself scraping off the windows of his snow-shrouded car only to click his car door opener and discover he had scraped his neighbor’s car instead.
7. Sold a house in Southern California, then decided, “Fire insurance? Spend all that money for two months in escrow? Nah!” weeks before the neighborhood burned to ashes.
6. Celebrated a great investment deal with a cool guy named Bernie Madoff.
5. Bragged, “Flipping houses–everyone’s making money doing it. How hard can it be?”
4. Spouted the first thought that popped to mind into a microphone. (Oh, so many examples here!)
3. Coughed up a stolen diamond ring while the police were still questioning him.
2. Robbed three video-camera-equipped banks, then decided he should be a star on a cops-oriented reality TV show.
And… Ta da! 1. Started a blog one month before the manuscript for her novel was due in to the editor.
Yep, I admit it. #1 one was me. My daughter-in-law, Mari, the techno-swiftie who got my blog launched, warned me from the start, “Write every day or people will stop reading.” So I wrote every other day. Or four. Or not quite.
Well, I’m here to tell you that I am a reformed lady. I don’t want to go down in history like any of those others tragic toughies, so starting today, I’m going to be a regular blogger.
Fortunately, I have an encouraging hubby, and two nuzzling cats, to keep me focused.
How about you? Do you have any tragic toughies to add to my list? Or have you fallen prey to any timing tragedies of your own? Tell us about it. We’ll all feel better!
Some things…arrive in their own mysterious hour, on their own terms and not yours, to be seized or relinquished forever.